Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow and Ice

The past couple of weeks we've had true winter weather, with sunny blue sky days in between. MyGirl loves this snow in all its forms and is so excited to be out in it, whether its shoveling or playing or just driving by. Here she is with Grandpa's sled walking down the street to take advantage of the school's hill.
I woke up to this one morning on my kitchen sliding glass window. Notice there's hardly any snow on the deck. It somehow all got blown onto the outside screen and stayed there making its own sideways wave. Cool!
This was taken at the tail end of a storm. It was so amazing to me that there were drifts in the backyard, again like a wave, but right next to it you can see the grass is showing through, and our back patio, hardly touched. Weird and amazing to me at the same time.
Another about-to-snow day, and I noticed the birds lining up on the power lines. Whenever nature makes lines or distinct shapes, I'm fascinated. I honestly think that was my favorite part of Finding Nemo, when the school of fish shape change.
This morning, we woke up to this. Everything covered in white. The branches, the trees, the weeds - all iced in white frosting. It's somewhat sunny today so it didn't last, but I'm excited every time nature showcases her peculiar beauties. We've seen this same scene a couple of times lately.
And, a couple of shots of LittleBuddy and his buddies last night at the ice skating rink. They had a lot of fun and he agreed that an ice skating rink is a great place to hang out with your friends. I love it because there is lots of space for the boys to move and use their enormous energy and they can be as silly as they want all while wearing themselves out. His smile makes me smile.

No comments: