Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beauty Everywhere

One of my favorite songs that we used to sing in Sunday School when I was a little girl started like this, "Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue blue sky. Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by . . . " I'm glad to say that I still love those same things, over forty years later. I love to look at the skies and feel the rain on my face. Yesterday morning was the type of morning that looked sunny, then got cloudy, and then sprinkled, then cleared up again, then threatened to storm again. My youngest two and I walked on the team of a friend in our church whose son has Cystic Fibrosis. At first I was talking with my friends but about halfway to the finish I ended up just following my son and his friends. Mostly I walked behind them and just observed the beautiful park and winding riverwalk we were on. It was so beautiful. Today as it started to sprinkle again I thought about how blessed I have been to see skies in so many places, and pulled up these from the past couple of months, in four different places. Wherever I go, there is always a thing of beauty to behold.





No comments: