Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Week of May

Its been a busy week and a half. On either the Wed. before or after Memorial Day each year it is Air Force Graduation which ends with an air show by the Thunderbirds.
This year, because Mike's offices are so close, his boss threw a BBQ lunch for all the families at noon for the show that started at 12:30. It was delicious, but the show didn't end up starting until about five to one because we had to wait for Pres. Obama's  ride and security detail to give the okay. He was the commencement speaker. Watching the Blackhawk helicopters hover slowly for a while wasn't near as much fun as listening to the pilots on the radio my dad had brought. They sounded like cowboys in the sky. Fun show!
On Memorial Day we enjoyed four deer that stayed behind our house all day. These photos were taken about 9:30 in the morning. At 5:30 when we were getting ready to grill, they were up the hill a little higher, but just enjoying the beautiful day and all the green grass and shade trees.
On Saturday we went to a graduation picnic for all the seniors in our ward at the park. More good food, nice visits, and some lacrosse going on in the field where LittleBuddy and his friends had fun.
On Memorial Day, we also did some planting. Blueberries, strawberries, and vegetables out back, and daylilies added to the front walkway.
In between all that, I've been working on this fun apron for Cowgirl. I finally got it done on Monday just in time for Cowgirl to arrive on Wednesday.
I knew she liked corals and polka dots so this was a fun surprise for her. Yesterday was my dad's birthday, and it was fun for our whole family to be here to celebrate him. We go walking with him every morning and love our time to spend with him each day. He's a great dad and a great grandpa. I just need to remember to bring my camera with me when I'm carrying down the potato salad, one of his favorites, and mine too.  I don't know if tastebuds are genetic or acquired, but we like all the same things except for fruitcake. Haha. He loves it, I shun it. Anyhow, we were the lucky recipients of his homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream to go with the cake my mom made him. It was Incredibly smooth, creamy, and delicious and suddenly I felt five years old again. Happy memories!


No comments: