Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Puzzle Pieces

Don't be shocked! Two days in a row of blogging, almost unheard of anymore. I realized last night when I went to put on photos of the skies that I was missing one I wanted to show - yep, still in my camera. You have to know by now how much I love sunsets!
  
The cow have made their way into view again. They like to wander and we're always delighted when they wander into view. We've seen some deer again too. Not sure who is more excited - the kids or my dad??
MyGirl is growing up. Finally a picture of her wearing one of her favorite outfits. I know coral is a big color this season but for both my daughters, its "Their" color all year round. And those chevron stripes - so love those too!
Last night was seminary graduation. She was so happy to walk up and receive her diploma with her friends. We need to do more celebrating.

I finally got a piece of my puzzle solved. I had the Schirmer eye test done. 10 mm is considered normal for moisture content in the eye, and both of mine? 0 mm. The doctor was kind of shocked. He couldn't believe it when the nurse told him, and yet, there was the evidence. So, that pretty much confirms Sjogren's disease. I don't think its Lupus. After 7 and a half years, the answer is here. Honestly, its a letdown, as I've been suspecting this for several years, but to have it be confirmed feels like the puzzle is finally finished.

Speaking of puzzles, we still have his to figure out. So far I think just changing his diet is helping. That's the first thing I did to help myself 7 years ago, when my doctors had nothing to offer, and it made a huge difference. Whole foods as much as possible. Only dessert on Sunday. Minimal dairy and lean protein. In Brazil they drink lots of sodas and have protein with their rice and beans every day. Plenty of desserts and minimal vegetables. Just hoping to strengthen his immune system and see what we can figure out from here. He's been reading and started indexing again when he's not taking naps or hanging out with his grandpa.


No comments: