Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Its a Birthday!

MyGirl doesn't like me to take lots of pictures of her, but occasionally I get to. This was pretty recent, from our trip to California. Today she is 18 - my baby girl is now an adult. I can remember her birth, really, like it was just the other day. So quickly, she was suddenly coming, and then she was here. She didn't cry at all, and that made me start to panic, but after about 30 seconds she did, and though faint, it was sweet and glorious. She and I have spent more time together than I have spent with anyone else in all my years. We need breaks from each other once in a while, but for the most part, we're an easy fit. She is becoming a woman now. Its slow and gradual, but its coming. I know I have more to teach her and more to help prepare her for her future, but ready or not, she is moving forward. That said, there are also still real challenges and hurdles that I know are just around the bend, and I'm going to have to be the driving force to make things happen. I don't really know how to do everything that is needed, but I trust that one day at a time things will be made more clear. We've got a busy day planned ahead of us, horse-back riding and lunch, a little shopping, and some spa treats, then a fun birthday dinner and presents. Its a day to celebrate and she's excited for it.

No comments: