Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Photo Trays

You have probably seen these photo trays before at craft stores. I got this with a coupon from Archivers, then a month later Close To My Heart started selling them. Oh well.  For BigBuddy's birthday I wanted to highlight some of his favorite things from his mission, and thought this was a good way to do it. In Portuguese Brazil is spelled "Brasil," and I knew he'd like that. He hangs it in his room on what was once a coat rack. I know he loves it. This would be a great way to commemorate any special person or birthday and was very easy to put all together. I used double sided archival tape to keep everything stuck to the inside.
On the health front, we are getting closer to figuring out what he has.  It feels like this has been the summer of doctor's appointments, but a rheumatologist gave him some medicine last week which is already helping to ease some of his symptoms, so YEAH for that! Still more to do to figure things out, but its so good to see progress. What should have been one of the highlights of his life turned into one of the greatest challenges of his life. But, this is what is, and we are nothing if not living in reality! I'm still so very grateful for our boy's faith and good heart. He is learning and growing still. I think we all are. When your expectations are cut short you go through mourning for a bit and then you pick yourselves up and figure out what to do next. Each next action brings you a step forward and eventually we will look back and say, We got through it, with the Lord's help. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, but no matter what, we will serve Him still. I think this project will be a visual reminder for my son that in spite of the trials, there was still good for him in Brazil, and there will be good ahead too.

No comments: