Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

9 Patch

This is the latest quilt I've been working on. The fabric is Cuzco by Kate Spain for Moda. It was love at first sight. Its just a basic nine patch with the same white that matches the sashings being the center square. I had a jelly roll so there is lots of left overs. I may make a couple of these and give one away, but one I'm keeping. The colors just make me happy! They truly do!

Its been an extremely exhausting first week of the new year but its also been a time of progress, and I'm grateful for it. I'm grateful for the time I could spend with those I love, and the blessings I know the Lord is sending to me and my family.  How many times do you go to make an appointment with a doctor, who you're told is scheduling months in advance, and then suddenly, the secretary sees that someone just canceled, and you're in within a week? Not very often. That's a tender mercy and I'm grateful for it!

Today felt like such a gift. I didn't have to get in the car once. Even though there was scrubbing and hundreds of phone calls to make, I could do them all with my slippers on, and sip on hot cocoa.  Tomorrow, school starts, there are lots of appointments on the calendar and new goals to accomplish and I'll be plenty busy again. I'm just glad I have a little project like this calling my name when I have some more down time again. Creative projects are like a breath of fresh air in my Life, and so you know, I'm going to: Just keep breathing! 



No comments: