Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentines Banner

I made this last week and have loved having it up. 

Here's the directions:
 I used chipboard CTMH triangles for the base of each letter but any sturdy cardboard would work. The fabric was leftover from my Christmas quilt. I folded a 2 1/2" piece in half and gathered it, putting doublesided tape on the back to hold it in place, keeping the folded side up. I covered the cardboard in scraps of pink cardstock and patterned paper I had used in a YW bulletin board last year. Again I used double sided tape to adhere the lace, about an inch down from the top. The scallop and letters are both cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I added some clear sparkles to the center dot on the letters and some heart pins are sticking into the thick pop dots I used to raise up the scallops. I tied each piece together using pink organza ribbon and a thin silver Offray ribbon I had in my stash.
I have more of these triangles, so expect to see more for other "banner days" in the future.

No comments: