Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy Habits

Already the 21st of January and I haven't even begun to start my exercise program for the year! I know! (I have been really bad since I moved here!) It was my only resolution for the year and I haven't even begun for one day!
All my family exercise regularly. Cowgirl just completed her first 5K race. LittleBuddy is playing basketball whenever he can. MyGirl does her Pilates. BigBuddy is like his dad, and has always been very disciplined to take care of their bodies, and exercise them regularly. Then there's me.


I really have no excuse. I have a treadmill at home. We have a family membership at the Y if I want more socialization. My family inspires me to want to improve myself like they are. Now I just need to motivate myself to DO IT!

Am I undisciplined? Not in everything, but definitely when it comes to exercise. I tell myself - How old am I? Old enough to know that its high time I got this part of me under control. I know part of the problem is that I have become quite used to making time for everyone else's needs and ignored my own and become physically lazy in the process. Sure I get up and do what I have to, but so much of my day is spent sitting.  I can feel myself having less energy, and I know exercising will bring it back. I love to eat all kinds of foods, and I'm able to maintain my weight by making healthy choices most of the time, but its time to lose what I don't need, that has accumulated over the years.

With everything else going on in my life, I hope I can stay focused. I'm writing this here because I need to hold myself accountable. Expect an update in a month. I plan on writing more about this subject because as I'm creating the life I want, I need that to include healthy habits. There is so much that we can't control in life - other people's choices, weather, the price of gas. But, we can change ourselves to be more healthy. That doesn't necessarily always mean to lose weight. Some people need to gain weight or sleep more or quit an unhealthy habit. But for me, exercise and eating even more healthy will help me to be the me I want to be.

Note to self: Quit sitting and get moving!

No comments: