Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Year of Scrapbook Pages

Well, I did it. Hard to believe I'm posting this Dec. 10 isn't it? Christmas being right around the corner, I've still got some things to do towards making all that happen, but I feel like its close, and I hang out at home a lot so that helps. And I started working on these in October, so its been a slow process, personally.

As usual I set up a few rules for myself, limiting what I used because, frankly, I have Plenty! to choose from.
So, here are the rules:
        *Only Close To My Hearts papers, inks, and embellishments
         *Every page had to have a banner for the month and use CTMH baker's twine for them.
         *Lots of bling - its fun, and I have plenty of it and a little goes a long ways.
             These included pearls, Base & Bling jewels, clear sparkles, opaques . . . all CTMH
         *Use stamps I haven't used in a while or never used before
          * Have some kind of sentiment or words on the page besides monthly title.
         *Must use the Slate washi tape somewhere on every double page spread.

Many of these layouts are based on the Make It From Your Heart, book 2 by CTMH also. Loved so many of them, and for only $7.95, this is well worth the money. It gives me all the cutting sizes and designs, letting me put my energy into selecting papers and embellishments instead.

Remember to double click on any of the photos to see things larger.

*C means currently available, *R means retired and no longer available

 Paper Pack: Frosted  C
Cardstock: Slate, Twilight, and White  C
 Stamps: Wintry Wishes  C
Sentiment: Floral Happiness, a Stamp of the Month   R
 This snowflake punch is not CTMH - okay everything else on this page is still.
Paper Packet: Promise of Spring (Heart of Winter campaign 2006) R
Cardstock: Olive, Smoky Plum, Sweet Leaf
 Sentiment:  You Are My Happy, R
Sorry its blurry. It reads:
"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather,
always bring your own sunshine."
 Stamp on the Canvas inside the flower: Chairs To You, R
 Paper Packet: Later Sk8r - Lagoon paper only  R
Cardstock: Holiday Red, R, Pear, and Sweet Leaf  C
 Sentiment: All the Details C
 Stamp: Pinwheel R
 Paper Packet: Claire, Stella and Scholastic
You have to know that I mix papers however I feel necessary
Cardstock: Cashmere, Colonial White, Sorbet
 Senitment: I don't know - couldn't find it today  R
 Stamp: Likewise - can't find it but know I have it somewhere  R
LOVE the wooden buttons here from the Huntington WOTG C
 Stamp: Illuminate as well as the other quote are both from November's SOTM, now R
 Paper Packet: Lucy and Dotty R
Cardstock: Creme Brulee, Slate, Pear, and Cotton Candy C
 Sentiment: You Are My Happy  R
Stamp: Just For You
 Paper Packet: Tommy - the Outdoor Denim piece
Cardstock: Indian Corn Blue, Lagoon, Pear, White

 Stamps: Wonderful Friends and From Me To You R
Sentiment and Suitcase Stamp: Horizon R
 Paper Packet: Workshop on the Go Tommy C
This came with all the embellishments and a stamp set included.
LOVE that!
 I added this stamp: Lifting Spirits C
and Kraft Cardstock with some Outdoor Denim chevron ribbon and red sparkles, all CTMH C
 Paper Packet: Scholastic, Typeset and Dakota R, Huntington C
Cardstock: Juniper C
My Crush Besties Assortment: Yellow lined paper C
 Stamp: Friendship Bouquet R chalked
Sentiment: All the Details C

 Surprsingly, this was the first page I made, and I made it in LittleBuddy's school colors, which are also Halloween colors, I know, so I added lots of yellow as he plays tennis. I also used washi tape that is not CTMH, which is where I then made the rule to only use Slate polka dot washi from that time forth.
Paper Packet: Game On R
Cardstock: Buttercup and White C, Grey Wool and Orange R
 Sentiment: You are My Happy R
School Years  C
 Stamp: Couldn't find this name, but its last fall's SOTM, R
 Paper Packet: Moonlight R
Cardstock: Key Lime R
Vanilla Cream, Sunset C
My Crush Besties Paper saying "so happy"  C
 Sentiment: Chairs to You R
 MyGirl made this shrinky dink pumpkin for a card for me, so I kept it and reused it here.
Stamp: Charming Chevrons C
 Paper Packet: Huntington Workshop on the Go - everything but the flowers C
 LOVED this stamp set, used the following inks to make it:
Barn Red, New England Ivy, Cocoa and Goldrush C
 The sentiment is from the wordstrip along the top of one of the papers. C
All CTMH pages have these, and I've used several throughout.
 These are Canvas complements C and
flowers R
 Paper Packet: Sparkle and Shine C
Green Patterned Paper: can't remember R
(You'll see some of this on my Christmas cards when I post them soon. They're all made - Yeah!)
Cardstock: Ruby and New England Ivy and Silver Glitter Paper C
 Stamps: Trim the Tree with Sparkle Holiday Shapes that coordinate C
Sentiment: Again a wordstrip from the paper packet
This banner was a leftover using the Art Philosophy Cricut C

Ruby Chevron Ribbon C

3 comments:

Jean said...

Your pages are lovely. Thank you for taking the time to post on the bulletin boards and sharing with us. I have a blog but not
much on there yet. Technology challenged. :)
Jean Murphy
www.stampandscrapjeanie.blogspot.com

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Wow.... first saw your post on the CTMH BB so came to your blog to se the layouts. Thank you for taking the time to picture them all and tell us what you used. I know that is very time intensive! You've inspired me to make more layouts in 2014!

Anonymous said...

I love your work! Thank you for doing this blog. It is something I have not attempted yet but I greatly appreciate all of those who do. Happy new year to you and your family.