Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Progress and Cards

Made this treat this week and it is DELICIOUS!
Ingredients:
White chocolate *used Ghiradelli big bars*, pistachios and craisins. That's it!
I spread a cookie sheet with foil, turned my kitchen burners on low, then let the
chocolate melt. Just as it was starting to turn soft I sprinkled the nuts and craisins on top.
Then stirred it all up, spread it out flat again on the pan and put in the fridge for 45 min.
Easy to just peel off the foil and break into pieces. Because we didn't melt it
in a bowl first, there was no waste. Easy, yummy and red, green and white. 
What's not to like, right?


 Just sent out all the cards and packages today. The Cricut cut out all my banners for me. All I had to do was stamp, punch, and sew. Very easy. Mind you, I started these in Sept and had the fronts done by the end of Oct. All I had to do was glue them to the card bases, sign, stamp, and stuff this week. The wood/houndstooth paper was on sale on my website this summer for 75% off, which is when I bought it, by the bulk. There's always something new on "While Supplies Last." That's my favorite part of my whole website.
 I ended up needing to make a few more, so I put these together too.
 While I was wrapping and signing I popped this DVD in and completely felt myself immersed in the beauty of Christmas. Sissel's voice truly sounds like an angel. Even LittleBuddy commented on how angelic the music sounded. She's from Norway, is not a Mormon, and brought such a beautiful spirit to this whole performance. Of all that I've watched, this one is my favorite. My parents were there live when she performed. That would have been an amazing concert!
 Last week we had the Winter Freeze. And of course, MyMike had to drive up to Boulder for three days in this rental car, which he parked in front of the house when he came home every night at 9:30 - long days.
 It was dreary for the first couple of days and then the sun came out and just made it all breathtakingly beautiful.
 This is the part they were transporting back and forth to a company who is doing some antenna work for them. Mike didn't want to leave it in the car every night, so he brought it into our dining room.
 Can you guess what it is?
 Its the nose to an airplane. Interesting things my husband works on.

No comments: