Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

Its such a busy time of year and one where we make so many memories. 
We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house.

 We had a delicious turkey dinner and pulled poppers and listened to Dad read Twas the Night Before Christmas as well as the story of Luke. Then we hopped in the car to see the best Christmas lights in our  small town. 
 All my boys were there. Fun to have BigBuddy home again. MyGirl didn't want her picture taken and Cowgirl wasn't here yet, sadly.
MyMike and Me. . . so grateful for all he does to bless our family. I finally got him a wonderful gift and he hasn't even played with it yet, he's been so busy making sure everyone else is happy. Love him!
 We also had my brother Rich and his wife and son with us.


 For the next two days, littleguy just had to be with my big boys. They played in the snow, they broke geodes, they played at the park, they built things like the marble tower, they shot nerf arrows, and it was so fun for all of us to have a little four year old again, with his energy and excitement about everything.
 LittleBuddy asked me where they [kids] get their energy, telling me he was out. It made me smile how easily we grow up from being all energy to being all teenager, then to all adults where we don't have the choice, energy or not, we are a parent and thus play must happen.
 Then Cowgirl came in on Friday night. (She was a highly energetic child.) Unfortunately with a cold that MyGirl also had, so it was a mellow weekend. She did get some thank-you's made. Its always fun to craft with a crafty girl! Finally yesterday we all went out to lunch and shopping and to see a movie when the worst of the colds began to lift.
It was fun to have Christmas, Round 2 when Cowgirl came. Here, her brother plays with the hovercraft she got for him that he first had to make, then drive. Its awesome as it doesn't scratch the floors at all, and is very fast. He loved it!

So, now its New Year's and we're hosting it at our house. We'll all watch a movie we got my dad then we'll eat and play games and laugh I'm sure. Then only one more day of everyone home to play and on Thursday Mike goes back to work and Cowgirl goes home. . . so sad. I love it most when we're all together. I was so hoping for a day up at Breckenridge, but with the colds it didn't happen. I may just have to bring the boys without the girls soon. Maybe even a little fun can be squeezed in tomorrow. . . if we don't stay up too late.

No comments: