Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Blogging is a Habit

Now that I've been blogging for the better part of three weeks I realize its become a habit, and today, while MyGirl is doing her keyboarding assignments I thought I'd post some photos of our Thanksgiving holiday.

MyGirl is a major Pinterest girl. Her mother is a close second. I pin more. She spends more time just browsing. 
When she saw a log cabin gingerbread house made from pretzels there she added that to her "must do" list for the holidays. We read up on it and found that the glue gun was the key to making this work. We bought different size pretzels, a Wilton set of figures, and had some frosting from a real gingerbread set and off we went. I had thought we would glue it onto the gingerbread set, but MyGirl nixed that plan, so off we went into uncharted territory.

 Here is here final creation. I glued the front of the roof together but she did everything else.
                         She's most proud of the skirt, as she calls it . . . the snowy area underneath the tree.
                                        She created a poinsettia wreath for the top of the house.

And you can't forget to peek at the doghouse on the side.
 In the recent snow storm that we had she used one of last year's Christmas gifts, snow paint, to add designs and messages to the back yard. They're getting a little blurry now, but over a week later, they're still there. We're expecting snow again tomorrow night, so they'll probably only be here another day.
 Here was Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house. Of course, I don't remember to take photos until after the meal was over, but I think my dad has a couple of all of us around the table. Here my boys are ready to eat some of the three pies we had - chocolate cream, apple in a brown bag, and pumpkin.
 Afterwards its into the easy chairs for a little Duck Dynasty watching, some good laughs, and a little post-turkey nap.
 My mom and dad are so cute. Its hard to believe my dad had a heart attack just eight days earlier. He is just going and going. And, my mom insisted on making most of the meal. I felt bad about that. She only let me do rolls and pies, but next year and from now on I"ll be insisting on doing much more.
 Here is their new granite - Colonial Cream. Its even more gorgeous in person. Much swooning by me!
And . . . I snapped this photo to remind me of the games we played - Rummikub and Ticket to Ride. The boys played games with mom and I. The men just aren't big into games like we are, but they'll still participate sometimes, just not on this day. And . . . to remind me of Mom's beautiful china. We played games before we washed and put away the china. They had to soak of course :-)

No comments: