Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coming out of Shock

Friday was the last day of school here. . . May 20. . . we're still in shock. Seriously, school lets out a month later in Maryland. My baby graduated from elementary school for the last time. Now he can officially start middle school again. I had tears in my eyes throughout the whole ceremony. I didn't think about why when it was happening. He has made the transition in the past few months and has nice friends and has learned a lot here and is happy. I'm pretty sure they were tears of happiness. I didn't feel sad, just gratitude.
Here he and his best friend are with their really cute picture of themselves in a graduation cap and gown. . . so cute! I like Jacob. Cute, quirky, respectful and has a very sweet mother.
Maybe the shock is coming from the fact that we had rain/hail/sleet - something that came down and left another 1/2 inch of white stuff in the yard again. This is an older picture, but it looked just like it again, then it all melted in less than an hour because its in the 40's and 50's. Who starts summer vacation with slushy snow stuff on the ground? Apparently, we do. And shouldn't it be hot when its summertime? We have a lot to learn.
This photo was from earlier this week. Look at how low the clouds are - below the mountains. We get very cool clouds here, all sizes, patterns, shades of gray and white, . . I'm becoming more of a weather nut each day, checking regularly for what's new out there. Often what I see instead are more wild animals. Today we saw two different coyotes, just a couple of hours apart, but definitely different sizes and coloring. Then around 5pm we saw eight deer in the field right behind us. BigBuddy just walked up to them, and got about twenty feet away before they stared getting nervous.

And, still in shock about this house. . . my parent's new one. Every time we drive past I say to the kids, "There's my parents cute house," and they say, "Is that all you think about? You say that every time we drive by it." And I say, "No, I just think about it every time I drive past it." I want to say, "Really, I'm still processing the whole thing. For almost twenty five years I've thought it would be great to all live on the same street, and now we're going to get to. . . really someone pinch me. And, it really is cute inside." But I don't, I just think those things and get happy, reminding myself I'm not dreaming.
The inspector was here today so I got to go through the house again, and had a good excuse to bring my camera. Every thing looks great. Notice the beautiful blue skies again. Today it was in the 60's. The house is ready to move into. Now we just have to wait until the middle of July for the closing date. By that time, school will start in three weeks. I guess we better get going on having a good summer now.

First we need to get tomorrow over with. All of us are giving talks in church tomorrow. Then I can get back to thinking about vacation.





No comments: