Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Happy Birthday to my dad, today! I am excited to be able to spend Father's Day with him this year, if not his birthday. He assured me that next year we'd spend his birthday together. . . can't wait! He is a great dad, and I couldn't be more blessed than to have him as mine! My boys were talking the other day, and said they hope they get his beautiful white hair someday. I hope to have his gracious manners and people skills. I still remember going to a hospital to visit someone who was sick, when I was a teenager, and I learned a lot about compassion that day. He was so gentle and caring and knew just what to say. We didn't stay all that long, but I do remember his bedside manner, and strive to emulate that still.
These pictures were taken two years ago. For six years I had a Cub Scout and we would go with our troop and several hundred other Cubs, decorating the graves at the Baltimore National Cemetery. I missed that last year. It was during graduation, and I hoped to be able to get back again, but I guess not. As this is a time of remembering, missing, appreciating, and honoring, I guess its why I miss going to the graves, for its tangible remembrance. Thank you to all those who serve our country and who blessed my life. You are missed! Sadly as the years go on, there are more and more added to my list of missed loved ones.

I had one set of plans for today, but they all got changed when I found MyMike out filling up the trailer at 8am this morning. I joined him, and by the time we got it all loaded, with everything, including a kitchen sink (my faucet broke last week, and Mike got me a new sink and faucet -Yeah for me!) drove the 40 min. to the nearest dump, unloaded it all, looked for a place to license the motorcycles, and got back home, it was 2pm. I really enjoyed the time just the two of us got to be together. Going out together on dates is fun, but this was fun too, even though it involved some hard labor.

Before work this morning, BigBuddy pointed out to me the deer sitting in the shade under these trees. Since I was helping his dad, I didn't take pictures of the deer, but made a note to myself to capture our meadow, now turning green. We had a lot of rain last week, although the past few days have just been gorgeous, so we're enjoying feeling like spring has arrived, and its beautiful. I counted eight deer all together, for much of the morning as I went in and out. . . I love nature!
And, for a little bit of creativity, MyGirl decorated this cute fruit pizza. I loved how she put a little patriotism into it. And, my piece was a wedge filled with blueberries - So GOOD!

No comments: