Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanks 58 - 60

Well, its been a busy Thanksgiving holiday. Between setting up Christmas, shopping, homework, using my new birthday presents, having long talks with my kids, cleaning, and cooking I feel like its been productive. . . and I completely forgot yesterday to come here and post my last three thanks.

58. I'm thankful for ordinary days, when there is nothing big or no emergency, just the regular stuff my life is made from. Usually that means just cooking and cleaning and laundry and running an errand or two, planning for something coming up and making time to make sure all is right with my individual family members, checking my email and reading a bit of news. Those are the kinds of things I do every day. Nothing special, but its what makes my life hum along smoothly. While this hasn't been my life for most of this month its made me realize that having those ordinary days for most of the time is truly a blessing.

59. I'm thankful to my mom and dad for all they have done to foster my talents and unconditionally love me. I know how blessed I am to have them in my life, and I know they are one of my greatest blessings.

60. I'm thankful for the gift to progress in life. I especially see it with the family that I live with. When I think of myself as a young bride and see where I am now, I see a different person. I have grown up so much in having a family. I have learned things that only experience and sacrifice and trials and starting over could bring. I have become much more calm inside and yet still care deeply about the things I value most. I have grown steadier and become more responsible. Its taken a while and I know I've still got a long ways to go, but its a wonderful feeling to be able to look back and see a better person than was there before.  I remember at my college graduation, looking back over the last four years and seeing just a little change. Now I see much change, and I give the Lord full credit. He has changed me slowly, almost imperceptibly, with experiences I would never have wished for, and yet I can see that it is exactly what I've needed to really grow, and for that, I am most thankful.


No comments: