Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Created With Love


This was a very fun project! It is LittleBuddies birthday, and I had seen this idea almost a year ago, and hadn't tried it yet. It's base is a File Folio folder, which is 12 x 24 inches, fully opened, and tabbed on one corner. I've seen these filled with photos, which is darling, but I didn't want to highlight the photos. Usually I write my children a letter in their birthday cards highlighting their accomplishments of the last year, and why I'm so glad to be their mother, so this is similar to that, but just changing the format. Because its his birthday, and he turned 10, I wanted it to be the "10 Things We Love About You."

This is it fully opened. Each section is 4 x 6, so you cut the patterned paper 1/8 inch smaller, so when glued it bends at the score lines.

This is the back side, with the front cover actually showing up here. You make the cover last. I used the Stardust paper packet, which I LOVE! Inside there are five tags which can be pulled out. Everything is Close To My Heart except for the ribbon, which is from Michael's. I used white brads, Topiary ink sponged around most of the edges, a corner rounder for all 4 sides of the tags, and my 1/16" hole punch for the brads. I cut a 20" piece of ribbon for the outside ties, and a few smaller pieces for inside.

I love these kinds of projects, but was especially glad that my LittleBuddy loved it so much he's opened it all up and pulled out each tag and read the whole thing three times today. He thought it was the best birthday card ever, and I think I'm going to make one for each of my children in 2009. If you're interested in the directions, send me an e-mail, and I'll be happy to send them to you.

1 comment:

Jen and Daz said...

I need to come to your house to play and learn! This is darling! Can't believe he is 10! :) Would love the instructions...you so inspire me!!! Love you!