Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Out West



Maybe its because MyMike and I are from the West, but there's just something about Cowboys that we love. A good Western movie keeps us entertained. Our Cowgirl, just loves everything Western! My Grandfather was a foreman on a ranch in Western Canada, and the picture everyone in our family knows and loves shows a man resting on a fencepost looking out on the land. I looked at that photo last night in my family history book, and it just made me smile. It was fun to share family history stories with our children for family night. We learned of this Grandpa's great grandparents, how they migrated out West, originally coming from Germany, England, and France. Family history is part of the motivation for why I scrapbook, but on the other side, for my posterity. I wonder what photos they'll treasure from our day. . . .?

1 comment:

Sparkle Mama said...

Those look FAB! Great job :)