Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

It's All About Love


These are pictures of my family last October/November when Cowgirl was home for a short break. It's never long enough time anymore to be together now that one has left "the nest." I used the Emporium CTMH paper packet, silver accents, cocoa grosgrain ribbon, Heartfelt MyAcrylix - got a lot of use out of that, you can see! and Treasure of Life MyAcrylix, for the saying, Buttercup SassyStrands, a button from Foo-fa-la, and a scallop punch from ? (Paper Shapers, I believe.)

MyMike gave me such a fun Valentines this year. If anyone in the DC area wants to see a FUNNY and so G-rated performance, check out Pluck performing "Three Strings on the Titanic" at the Bethesda Theater, on Wisconsin Ave. We laughed and just enjoyed it so much. After wards at dinner we spent half the time just rehearsing all the comedic elements and marveling at how thoroughly amazing musicians these were. Think Victor Borge on the Titanic, with sharp, witty writing and stunts. I really just can't recommend it enough, and honestly, that doesn't happen very often! It's only playing until March 1, so don't miss it! If it wasn't Valentines I would have been sad to have not taken my children. They would be totally entertained, but it was nice to have time alone.

I read this quote today by Henry Van Dyke, and thought it very inspiring. . . .
Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love, time is eternity.

No comments: