Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Easy Summer Days

Yesterday we were up Really early in the morning. MyMike couldn't sleep, and because I knew he was going for some tests at noon, I was worried about him worrying, does that make sense?
Turned out all worries were for nothing, everything's fine. Still, since we were up, I got to see the deer, who I suspect are always out early. However, yesterday, they sat under the trees for a couple of hours, in the shadows, and I couldn't get good pictures of them, but when they started to move, I quickly grabbed my camera and caught some pictures of this little group. They were taken at 7:41 in the a.m. according to my camera.


This week has felt unusual. Probably because MyMike was home two weekdays in a row. Today things started to get more back to normal. My main goal today was laundry, the sign of a stress-less, low-key day. BigBuddy is happy at work. He comes home hungry and tired. The ride to work is 3 minutes, all downhill. The ride home, however, takes him ten and when its windy, he's usually riding straight into it, and sometimes can take 15. He comes home out of breath, and when I ask him how his day was, he always says, great, I just have to rest after that ride home. He's required to take an hour for lunch, so he makes this journey twice a day. Its good mission prep and between the bike and being busy in the garden center all day, I think he's down to 1% body fat. I made him cookies today after dinner and he had leftover steak for lunch, and he's none the worse for it.
Little Buddy has had a hard time getting up, because its so hard for him to put these books down. I'm used to him being the early bird in the house. He's finished the first two in a week, and two of those days he didn't read at all. Now he's already 100 pages into Book 3. I love it when he wants to come discuss the book with me. . . if only I could remember more. Sometimes, though, he needs a break from reading, and his activity of choice has been building Legos. The dining room table is plenty big enough for all he's dreaming up. I attribute this to his imagination being stimulated by reading again. His current creations are new space stations for his Star Wars Lego guys. Sometimes he can get his sister to play with him, but she grows weary of it quickly.
He gave me the grand tour - command central, the escape ramps, the door which opens for vehicles, etc.
He's loving this more than the electronics and keeps saying this is the best summer ever.
He has gotten invited to buddy's houses twice this week, for s'mores and jumping on the trampoline. He's happy to live here and happy to be creative. I am happy for him!
MyGirl is getting ready for Girl's Camp and Trek. We were practicing hymns today she's supposed to have memorized and she's working on her devotionals. Its good she can be busy and productive too. If only she'd let me take more pictures of her. . . she hasn't left that phase yet. I told her I'm going to have a whole scrapbook of her with her hands in front of her face. Ugh!

I like these stress-less days.

No comments: