Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baseball

A couple of weeks ago, we were given tickets to see the Colorado Sky Sox play the Salt Lake Bees. It was a lovely night. We got there at the end of the third inning because our air conditioning crew was running behind, but with the heat lately, it was worth it.

I like baseball games, but sometimes they can be a little long. I think I'll always come at the third inning. This felt just right.
Around the 7th or 8th inning, there were three runs , two were home runs. That got the crowd really into it.
This is the mascot, Sox the Fox. He was fun! At every change of innings there were fun audience contests. Here they were trying to make a hole in run. Didn't happen, but fun to watch.
This was my favorite player - Mike Jacobs. I realized if we were living in a matriarchal society, this would be my husband's name. When I told MyMike that, he looked at me strangely. Where do I come up with this stuff? I know.
For about fifteen minutes there was rain coming down. We got up and watched the game from the covered area. That was during the 9th inning, and we won, 7-6. Then it quit raining. Mike and I don't mind rain delays. It reminds us of one of our early dates when we sat huddled under a blanket watching the Angels in Anaheim. We got wet as we sat down to watch fireworks, but it was worth it. It was a great show and everyone else had wet bums too.
It was fun just to be together. Glad BigBuddy was off work that day at 5:30.
He missed last nights' 17 Miracles movie. So good, but so sad. With MyGirl heading to Trek tomorrow, it was the perfect reminder of the real sacrifices made.

Remembering my friend Amy today too. She passed away a year ago on July 24. It was a Saturday. I still miss her. I keep wanting to call and tell her my boy is going to learn Portuguese. I went to lunch the other day at Panera and missed her there too. It was one of our favorite places to catch up on life. I'm glad her body walks well again and she is without pain. I just wish missing her didn't have to hurt still.


No comments: