Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Renaming

I ended up renaming the So Happy layout I was planning on doing, and instead found a stamp called O Happy Day. Yesterday we received travel arrangements, and a lot of other requirements, three which have to be notarized, and all in by Aug. 9. BigBuddy is busy again when he's not working.
MyGirl told me this week that my blog needs more creative projects. So, here's what I've been working on all this week, in about 10 minute increments. I am glad I have my own desk and older children so I can leave things out on it. It makes it easier to just come back to it when I have a few minutes. The big creative projects I've been working on this week involve the sewing machine and the long table. I'll post them next week. I spent hours on those, but that's always made longer by the fact that I have never Ever worked on something without picking it out. Its not that I don't like fabric, but clearly paper likes me better!
I've decided to get out of my box more. The only paper here that is CTMH is the background, the black mat paper and the off white journaling piece. The train and ticket papers are from Crate Paper and the stickers and patterned paper are from a company called Simple Studio. I really like them. Playing with design here too, not so graphically aligned. It was fun. No picking out, and I always scrap with repositionable taperunners, to make it so much quicker when I've made a mistake, which I do, but its so much less painful than picking out, you know?
I would love to do a Harry Potter page, but have nothing to scrap - no photos of any of us at the theater, no film clips, can't even say I could find the ticket stub. I may do just a journaling page. What I enjoy most is sharing it with my children, hearing their enthusiasm and excitement and hearing that even LittleBuddy had tears in his eyes when he thought Neville was about to die. I love that real love triumphs over evil and that ordinary people can do great things without letting it go to their head and craving more power.

No comments: