Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

With so much attention being paid to BigBuddy these past few days I thought it was time to give a little to the rest of the family.

Cowgirl, our hard-working, fun-loving, and family-centered oldest daughter is picking up furniture from her grandparents this weekend before they move. She is really sad that they are moving closer by me because she has really enjoyed having them closer to her. I understand that. I really do. If we can get her here more often it could be the best of both worlds! We have a lot of fun when she's home, but she's at that busy phase of life so that doesn't happen often enough for me. At least we can talk and text regularly. I love having her for my daughter.

MyMike. . . poor guy. He's getting a root canal this Friday, after being miserable since last Friday. On the more positive side, the company that he is working for loves him and he loves working there. It is such a good fit it was worth the move. Everyone should know that they are contributing and appreciated. Right now he is working on unmanned vehicles which I think should make the world safer for the good guys. Its nice that its not top secret and we can visit him at his office once in a while. I love this man. Part of the reason he wanted to move me here was to have less stress in my life and that has been the case. I don't teach anymore. I can send MyGirl to public schools sometimes and get a break from homeschooling. Getting old together with him is a good thing. Now if we can both stay healthy enough to enjoy it!

LittleBuddy told me today that he wants a real job. He told me he gets bored when his big brother goes to work and he would like a nicer paycheck than he's currently receiving. I thought that was cute for a twelve year old. When he gets bored he resorts to his electronics, which I've limited. But, I have to give him credit, because after we talked this morning, he went hiking with his brother and sister, then read his book for two hours. I am teaching him piano lessons again and I am looking for a good viola teacher close as well. This little guy has a lot of untapped talents. I think I need to work harder at helping him find them all. Last week he thought he'd try his hand at computer programming, and he was successful. He has a lot of fun at Scouts and with his friends. One is coming to stay with us when his parents go to Trek, and LittleBuddy can't wait!

Here is a sweet picture of MyGirl. She didn't know I was taking this photo of her at the reunion. That's a good thing. She's Anti-Photos. She went to her friend's house last Saturday. They went on a hike to the park and back. She saw a garter snake on the way and didn't freak. She's a better girl than her mother! The Pioneer Re-enactment Trek is in less than two weeks. They're going up to Rocky Ridge and Devil's Gate, where the actual handcart pioneers suffered. She was sick when our former stake went on Trek, but now she will get to leave young women's having had this opportunity. This will be a unique and truly memorable experience. Only nine groups a year are allowed into Rocky Ridge, and our stake is one, however they have to climb/hike 15 miles the first day. Rocky Ridge is mostly uphill, and its not going to be easy. The Trek Dr. came and spoke to us all last week and told the youth to take a Large gulp of water Every Five Minutes. Its going to be hot and dry and rocky and dusty! They are walking in memory of one of the pioneers who actually walked. Its been humbling to learn about that woman's life. I'll share her story later. I have been proud of MyGirl that she really hasn't complained as she's been preparing. Last week she and her big brother hiked 13 miles in a few hours and she did fine except for the sunburned top of her head. At least she'll be wearing a bonnet on the real trek. I know it will be harder to have a handcart to move besides herself, but she's strong and she's healthy. What a huge blessing that is! And she won't be doing it alone. We still have some wardrobe issues to fix, but that's tomorrow's agenda.
So, that's what's up.
Families are the best!
Every day there's something on the news that makes me want to hug them all and keep them closer. To quote one of my favorite songs, "Shower the people you love with love." Words that I need to remember always!


No comments: