Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Me

I got MyGirl on her way to the Pioneer Trek last night. All the youth met at the church for a fireside at 9:30 pm, then met with their families and boarded the buses with all their gear, and themselves - girls in two buses, boys in the others, and they were set to leave at midnight. Its going to be an adventure, for sure!

This was the apron I made for her last week when she decided she didn't want to wear the dress just by itself. You can see her bonnet a little behind her. It didn't match exactly but was as close a yellow as I could find. Fortunately, she didn't complain about that.
Suffice it to say, I was helping her to the last minute be happy with everything. We braided her hair cute, with an off-center part, which I loved on her, but she was done with any photos I might take. This pic was actually taken a few days ago. I know she'll do well. She is strong and healthy and enjoys the girl she met in her "family." They're planning on riding up on the bus together, and leaning together to get some sleep before they hike their 15 miles today. Praying that her feet will be happy and that she'll be able to sleep tonight on Rocky Ridge. That's what she's most worried about. Somehow I think she'll be tired enough to get some sleep.
So, instead of another girl to keep things balanced at home, we are now all about boys.
This is a friend of Little Buddy's. His parents are one of the ma's and pa's on Trek, so he's at our house. Chick-Fil-A here had a special. Bring in 2 canned goods and get a free sandwich. We were out anyhow, so it was a great place for lunch. The boys got a kick out of the headgear available to try on. These two are so funny together.
When they're not pretending they're cows, they busy on electronics. Just when they were set to go outside and physically play, a thunderstorm cropped up, so they came up in the den where I am and found some great YouTube videos to laugh at. 12 year old boys are in a class all by themselves. Silly, smart, goofy, embarrassing, obnoxious, and tender would be words I would use to describe them yet I am highly entertained just listening to them. What does that say about me? That one in front, I just adore him, so I guess it doesn't really matter how obnoxious he is. He'll only be twelve for another six months. He's growing WAY too fast!
This was our view at dinner time last night. Some of those antlers are getting pretty big.
This was our view as I went into the kitchen to start dinner tonight.
With the telephoto, is more how it looks with the naked eye. I stood on the deck and took these and they just watched me. We still get a kick out of watching them.

No comments: