Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dear Friends

Just got back from a fun trip to Maryland.

I've known Patti ever since I moved to Maryland. She was MyGirl's first Primary teacher when we moved in the ward. I didn't realize for a few years how blessed my daughter was, because I didn't know Patti well until about three years after we moved when she was my roomie at Girl's Camp. Patti has a gift with children, and has one of the most tender, dear hearts I know. She has had many challenges all her life, and we've been friends through some big ones, so to see her married to Jim who is such a good man brings me so much joy. She is my age, and I rejoice that they have found each other. They'll soon be sealed and that will just make me even happier.

We went to brunch the day before she got married, counting down only 27 hours to go. . . .Lots of laughs, yummy crab omelet, Mimi's muffins, and feeling so excited. Isn't it the best to see our friends so happy?!
And here is my dear friend who I stayed with. She already has three sisters, but if I could pick a sister I'd want her to have a lot of Cynthia's qualities. . . among them that she truly is one of the best friends one could ever have. And, lucky me, she's heading across the country tomorrow morning and driving out to see me, and her sisters, and take her daughter to college, etc. I'm so excited she's making a detour to see me. Twice in a week. Life is good.

No comments: