Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Once in a Lifetime Memories

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind, and now life has settled into the normal again.

On Tuesday, Aug. 2 we took our boy through the temple for the first time. It was marvelous, feeling the Spirit so strongly, and knowing that this soon-to-be-missionary was prepared and ready to make sacred covenants. I loved having my parents there too. There was pouring rain when we came out, so I wasn't able to get any pictures of him in front of the temple, but I will before he leaves for Brazil. Our temple is closed for the next two months for renovations, so we went again last Tuesday, and will now wait until October to go again.

As you know I went to Maryland last Thursday. I made it back just in time to take the Sacrament Sunday morning. It is such a privilege to have that opportunity! I felt especially grateful for all the Savior has done to strengthen and bless my family. I pray with His help, our extended family can be strengthened and blessed also. Then, this Thursday, our Maryland friends came to see us.
Its not like we are on the way to very many places, so when people come see us we know it is a labor of love, and we appreciate it so much. We took them to see Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, and Fox Run, all which they enjoyed. The weather was beautiful and we all got some good hikes in.

We also played games. Girl games are at the table. Boy games are in front of the TV.We made S'mores on Friday instead of Saturday. Everyone loved that.
Then, too quickly, on Saturday, they had to go. All the kids had a great time together. They are taking their daughter back to BYU. She just returned from a mission to Moscow. She was so excited on Friday night when we saw six deer in the back, first settled into the grass, then running across the hills. I think she sat in the red chair for an hour just hoping to see something, so I'm grateful she wasn't disappointed. We called my parents to let them know, and my dad was pretty excited too.

It was hard to say good-bye to our friends as I know we won't be seeing each other again for a long time. So grateful that love is eternal and family and friends can last forever!

No comments: