Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Schedules

No pictures today. Just regular life going on. I need to take a picture of that more too.

We're in the routine of the school year. School's already been in session exactly a month. Every day my alarm goes off at 6:20 a.m., and I get up no later than 6:30. I love it! Its the most I've been able to sleep in during the school year in at least nine years. Surprisingly, its not my seminary student who I need to be up for first, its my youngest. His bus comes at 7:04. For seminary (orange days) we leave at 7:20 to pick up another girl, who then brings MyGirl home afterwards. On school days (black days), we leave at 7:25 and I pick her up at 9:15. Its a good schedule and things are going smoothly.

Homeschooling has its own schedule too. We only have a few classes yet to complete. However, one of them is Algebra. Its not going well. Pray for me to know how to help her. So far, everything I've tried hasn't clicked for her yet. I know it will eventually. I'm just hoping its in a few weeks, not years. Bless her heart, that she just hasn't given up yet, or thrown the book out the window. She's still trying. She's a good girl and she wants so much to succeed. I really want to be able to help her sufficiently soon!

One of the best things about moving here has been the increased time we've gotten to spend with Cowgirl. With cheaper airfare and closer airports, at least for her, she's been able to fit into her schedule lots of days to come visit. She's coming again the weekend after Conference, the 2nd weekend in December, and then another week in January. I feel so blessed that after waiting for five years to spend more time with her, that has finally come to pass. This year we will have seen her eight different times, all for the cost of seeing her just twice in Maryland.

The mission is getting closer, less than three months now. I called the church mission office yesterday, after having too many adults telling me too many conflicting things. I learned that he gets his Malaria shots when he gets to Brazil and that rabies has not been an issue. Feeling grateful for that and praying it holds true when he gets there. I also found out that the reason he doesn't need an FBI recommendation is because our closest Brazilian consulate is Houston, not NYC. Local police good enough for us. One less thing to add to our checklists. Today we get the international driver's license although its only valid for a year and can't be renewed. No one could answer what to do after that, but we will be obedient and get it anyway. Every day there is something to do.

Sat. he got an e-mail that the 2nd half of the Visa experience is underway, after he completed some more forms and mailed them in, so that gives us hope. If the first half only took seven weeks, maybe the Visa will actually get here in time after all. I'm starting to see why its a blessing to have five and a half months between the call and the day he enters. As it was explained to me yesterday, sometimes the consulates process twenty in a day, and sometimes they don't process any for months.

There's always something to cause us to rely on the Lord's timing, isn't there? It doesn't really matter how smoothly we may be able to create our own schedule, we must all learn to walk by faith, live with other people's schedules and wait for certain things in life to be ready, even when we are ready now. And so we do, filling our lives with the regular routines, and praying for the patience to wait it all out, knowing eventually progress Will come.



No comments: