Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

True Beauty

We had so much fun with Cowgirl when she was here. More to share as the week goes on.
Early in the week we went to Manitou Springs. Its a town at the base of Pike's Peak and right next to Garden of the Gods. Its got an old Western town feel to it a little. It also has an artsy flavor. It reminds me of a cross between Jackson Hole, WY and Ellicott City, MD. Not as large or as fancy as Sun Valley, but still nice to have so close to home.
It was a girls day out together. So fun to have Cowgirl AND Mom here all together. We love picking up Mom whenever we go somewhere fun, and we always love having Cowgirl home. Tonight after dinner, Mygirl said, "Just not as fun with all these boys." We love our boys tons, but when Cowgirl leaves, there's a void. We all feel it. She is by definition, FUN!
And, Beautiful! All these women in my life are so beautiful to me. It would be darker place in my life without them!

When my friends from Maryland were here in August, we went to this same place, after Garden of the Gods, I forgot to bring my camera. Happily, this time I didn't forget, and the flowers were still just as gorgeous.
These just lined the shops along the south side of the street.
I loved the brilliant colors as well as the sizes of these dahlias.
Each new color caught my eye.
I took pictures of everyone over three inches.
And continued to be impressed by the creativity of the Lord.
Then, MyGirl, pointed out to me that one of the flowers I had just taken a picture of was fake. Sure enough, I went back and touched it, and it was silk. I was fooled, and I wondered how often things look good and blend in and I'm not really aware if its even fake. After that, it just doesn't look that beautiful anymore to me. What do you think? Its the 2nd to last photo above.

My baby shared his testimony in church today. At first he didn't know what to say, and said so, but then he just shared his real feelings, and the Spirit was strong. The room quieted and the words he shared were so beautiful. When I look at these pictures I am reminded that the things that are most beautiful to me are the things that have the Lord's hand touching them. We are blessed to be living in a world created by Him.

No comments: