Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2nd Week of October

Busy week. I didn't post because Cowgirl was here for the last four days. The morning I went to pick her up it was cold, slick and snowy. What should have taken two hours roundtrip, took three. Fortunately, we made it, though there were whiteout conditions more than once. There was a major pileup on the freeway shortly after I was on it, so I was grateful to have avoided the four lane shutdown. This picture was taken around 12:30pm, about an hour after we got home.
Shortly after that I went with Mike to a funeral for his secretary's 24 year old son. That was sad, though I was pleased to hear the same scriptures shared that I believe in, focusing on the resurrection and life after death with the Savior. The only consolation at such a great loss is the hope of seeing them again. How grateful I am for faith!
The next evening there was no snow on the ground. Welcome to Colorado, where the sun shines most of the time, and the snow melts quickly. Its been a beautiful week ever since. Fall is definitely here and its a good thing. I would have been sad to skip my favorite season completely.

Cowgirl wanted her picture taken out back like her brother, so in the middle of making dinner we ran out back for a quick photo shoot then tried again after dinner. The lighting was definitely different, but I liked both of these photos best. She doesn't like either of them, but that's often the way. We are our own worst critics. It still think she's beautiful and it was good to have her here with us again.

No comments: