Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet Frankie

I'm making these today for a YW Party tonight. They look cute, creative and yummy to me. We love ginger cookies around here. I already started. They are baked and cooling now. It worked out well as MyGirl was taking an algebra test, thus I wasn't needed beside her. I have to say this dough was fantastic to work with. I did add another 2 Tablespoons of milk because they were a little too dry, but I didn't need to refrigerate the dough at all. Just started rolling out and baking. They expand when they're baked. My original rectangles were approximately 2 x 3 and they look to be closer to 2 3/4 x 4 now. You should know that I also make my own frosting and I'll be using Skittles instead of M&M's because that's what I have on hand. And, at my altitude I decreased the baking soda to 1 1/2 tsp. and increased the flour to 3 1/2 c. I also baked at 375 for 7 minutes and they were perfect.

I'm also making a new recipe of cinnamon rolls so I'll be decorating these while that dough rises. Today is the day to make a big mess in the kitchen, then I'm done for the week. We're expecting our first big snowstorm of the year by midnight tonight. Anywhere from 5 - 17 inches is expected over the next two days. . . everyone here is excited, except for MyMike. He doesn't think he'll have to shovel because it will be 40 and 46 the two days after it snows. We'll see. . . .

I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website.

Ginger Frankenstein Cookies

Show Ingredients
Ginger Frankenstein Cookies
Hide Description

Make these monstrously good spice cookies, spooked up with candies and chocolate chips.

Prep Time

1:00

Hr:Mins

Total Time

2:20

Hrs:Mins

Makes

3

dozen

Hide Ingredients
1 1/2
cups sugar
1
cup butter or margarine, softened
3
tablespoons mild-flavor (light) molasses
1
egg
2
tablespoons milk
3 1/4
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2
teaspoons baking soda
2
teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2
teaspoons ground ginger
1/2
teaspoon ground cloves
1/2
teaspoon ground cardamom
1
container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
5
drops green food color
1/3
cup candy-coated chocolate candies (72 candies)
3/4
cup candy corn (72 candies)
1
cup semisweet chocolate chips

No comments: