Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trunk of Treat

Hard to believe it snowed on Wednesday. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I wore short sleeves most of the day. Thinking of my friends in Maryland today who have NEVER seen snow in October. Sounds more like a trick than a treat there.
I changed when it was time for Trunk or Treat up at the church. When the sun goes down here, it gets cold. I wore gloves, a coat, a scarf, and the most essential - mittens, to pass out the Halloween candy.
LittleBuddy and his snowflake throwing cohorts. An FBI agent again. He didn't want to repeat, but he had no other ideas, so this is what got thrown together. He has a large nerf gun behind his back. His buddies are Harry Potter and an 80's wrestler. I think his one friend really wanted to be Michael Jackson in the 80's, or Diana Ross dressed casual. . . that wig. . . quite something.
MyGirl went with the family whose car was next to ours. She held little Peter's hand as they walked around the cars until he got too cold. He didn't really want candy anyhow, just a lollipop.
There were quite a few children here. I went through eight bags of candy in less than 45 minutes! I stopped by the store last night to get some more for the trick or treaters. Its hard to say how many will come. I'm used to our isolated little cul-de-sac where on a good night I handed out 35 treats. Now I'm prepared for a lot more than that. Our neighborhood is connected to many neighborhoods. It could be a long night.

No comments: