Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Color

Its looking and feeling like Fall here. I've seen lots of gorgeous color, which makes me so happy. The only leaf color I haven't seen is the bright orange, but we do grow pumpkins here too, so they're my orange for the season.
This is my neighborhood, looking down the street as I was turning into my driveway. The truck is parked in front of my parent's house to give you an idea how close they are to us.

From our view out the back the scrub oak is starting to change colors and some are losing their leaves. Soon we'll be back to barren bush, but its still pretty to look over the fields and hills. I saw a large buck in the bushes yesterday, munching on leaves, shaking the bush with his big antlers. The grasses are more golden again and the leaves on the scrub oak have turned yellow and gold.
Last but not least, our maple tree gives the backyard a beautiful spot of color. I love seeing the multiple colors of leaves. I'll probably always miss the gorgeous displays of fall color on the East coast, but grateful that we have our own version to enjoy where we are. My neighbor told me my tree is something she looks forward to every fall. Yes, I miss the oranges, but its pretty here in its own way and I love the beautiful blue skies that seem to be part of almost every single day.

No comments: