Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two Months, Eight Days

Hard to believe that we only have a short time left with this young man before he leaves us for a long time. Last week I just had to take him outside at dusk and take a few pictures of him. I need more to hold onto when he's gone. This one was my favorite. I will miss him. A lot. He and I are very close. I enjoy talking to him and spending time with him. As old as he is, though, I still see a couple of things that I want to teach him, and bless his heart, he's open to it, but I still have to approach it carefully. He's a man now, and has his own life and mind and I have to step back more and more and yet I find that I am enjoying that too. It brings me happiness watching him run his life successfully, both with his job and with his calling. I do not need to worry about him. He will be fine.
While we turned in all the Visa paperwork by the end of July I have heard that those who turned theirs in by June just received their Visa's last week, so I have no idea whether it will get here or not in time, and if he'll really end up in Brazil for Christmas or in Provo. Either way he will be trained and that will be good.

He is excited to go. I am excited for him.
He loves to serve. I want him to be that happy.
He won't need me there to help him. This is what I raised him to do.
He will learn to need the Lord even more, and that is exactly what I want for him. Its going to be a great experience!




No comments: