Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changes

My neighbor with all the bird houses has put her house up for sale. Her husband has a new job in Phoenix. She will miss the birds and this weather, but three of her sons live in that area, so she knows it will be good. Fortunately for me, the birds often come visit my house too. I will have to start putting out bird food in my feeders, because I'll miss these guys. I spotted these four sitting on my deck railing over the weekend. They were there long enough for me to go to my room and get my camera and make it back to the kitchen. Then two flew away, and then one more, and then one was there by himself, quite content for a couple of minutes, then he flew off too.

It was a year ago this week that Mike and I came to this area and felt good about moving here. Now, a year later, looking back on all the changes, I feel so very blessed at how it all has worked out. We all really like it here. We all have a good life here. So much was unknown then. We felt like we were just walking into a tunnel, not sure where it would lead, but trusting the Lord's spirit to guide us with each footstep. It is better than we imagined.

My boy's VISA is coming this week, we were told. He will officially start his mission in Brazil. Its exactly a month from today - Dec. 13. The big change is coming. It almost feels surreal, a little, like walking in the tunnel again, not really knowing what lies ahead, but knowing that trust is everything, and so we keep walking forward. I hope his mission is even better than he can imagine too. I don't imagine. Its a little too scary for me - creatures always enter into my too-vivid-imagination, but I trust the Lord and so I replace my fears with faith and know that its all in the Lord's hand, and it will be what my boy needs, and I'm grateful for that.



One thing I have really come to love is that life is not monotonous, especially weather-wise, in our part of the globe. Its either gorgeous or dramatic. What was like this in the morning, became
this in the late afternoon, as dark storm clouds in the distance made a beautiful background behind the bright light of the sun shining on the grassy hill behind us. I just am amazed continually at the sky. It is ever changing and moving and beautiful. Even when the potential for something a little frightening is there, I have learned to appreciate its beauty and trust that the Lord is mindful of us here.

No comments: