Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Digital Pages

When I get behind in my scrapbooks, I am so glad there are digital pages to make my life easier. You've seen all these photos already, but they are in my books now, and it feels good. The most important reason why I need to get these done? Because I forget so quickly some of the little details. Its really the journaling that is most important to me. If I can get them done quickly before time dilutes the memory, then I can use my books as the catalyst for the children's books which I am Waaaaaaaaay behind in. I plan on using the full two years BigBuddy is gone to catch up on his books. I think mentally I've been saving them just for this opportunity, to help keep him close to me. Then when he gets home I can start working on his mission pages. . . Yeah!
Nowadays there are all kinds of fun details that can add interest. I really like the stitching options. It sure is easier than breaking out the needle and thread.
I also like the size options I can make with digital pages. If I want to print an 9 x 9 photo, I can't do that at home. My printer is only standard letter size. Then, I have to upload it to a photo site faraway and wait a week or so until it gets back or bring my disc to a place that has a larger printer. Kind of a hassle, you know? So, I love that I can have large photos in my books without any hassle. Just click and click. Sweet and easy!

I also love some of the options available online. The cute font for Sept. on the school paper would be expensive, but since Studio J is one price for everything, it makes it much more cost effective. I also love the resizing options, the border options, and that every single paper can be changed or tinted to one of the sixty color choices. That gives me lots of options, and I like to play with many of them.

Another option I really like is the ability to use things that are retired or no longer even an option anywhere else. The black and white polka dot paper I loved! I bought as much as I could reasonably afford, but then I used it with my club or for my own projects, and pretty soon I was out. Its just so versatile and looks as good with Sorbet and Smoothie as it does with Olive Green or Heavenly Blue.
There's also the shapes and patterns and templates available that make digital pages so versatile. With just a click I can create new layers and focal points and its all so easy to do.This is a pattern I have avoided in the past because making perfect circles is difficult without all the right tools, and I don't want to cut my photos and have them look all wonky. Online, the hard work is done for me, and all circles are perfectly round, unless you want to play with them and make them wonky, you have that option too.

When I'm not feeling well, I find that I can create a digital page in less than fifteen minutes. And I never have to leave my bed to do it. And, even when I'm well and busy, sometimes that's all the time in a week I can devote to creating pages, and I like that they have a 3-D look even though its on 2-D paper. Its like the pages have had their photos taken with all the embellishments on them, but they lie flat. I do like my textural embellishments, and my scrapbook has plenty of those, but its okay to have the digital pages too. That in and of itself is a snapshot of my life, and that's okay too.

No comments: