Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

LittleBuddy

I need to keep a list of all the books Little Buddy is reading this year. He finished Princess Bride a couple of weeks ago for his English class. Then he finished Harry Potter 5 and now he's reading Harry Potter 6. You know a child is loving a book when you wake up early in the morning and find them already dressed and reading, so eager they are to find out what's next. Love that.

In his social studies class, he's made a number of art projects to go with the areas they're studying. That teacher loves our boy. She's been very complementary lately as well as given him projects that he can successfully accomplish. He has new details to tell me everyday of something else he's learned. I am so grateful when teachers light the spark in my children. He is shining academically and while I'd love to take credit, I know its all him. He does work diligently on his schoolwork and its a joy to see that pay off for him.

Every day after school he and his best buddy like to chat after they get off the bus. Since we are closest to the bus stop, they come sit or stand on our front porch and catch up on life. They don't have any classes together, and don't sit together on the bus going to school, but they do manage to sit together coming home. I figure they are just finishing their conversations. Sometimes these last almost an hour. Yesterday I had to hurry them along. Little Buddy had an orthodontist appointment.
I'm happy that life comes relatively easy for him. I wish it was that way for all of my children. MyGirl is in Driver's Ed right now. To say it has been stressful would be an understatement. She begged to learn and now that she's getting the opportunity she's begging to quit. She's doing just fine, passing all her tests and doing as well as anyone else in the class, but the anxiety and responsibility associated with it are almost too much for her. I keep reminding her that Sis. Dalton tells the YW - we can do hard things. She will need this skill when she's a mother and needs to go to the grocery store to buy food for her children or take them to the doctor when they're sick. I feel bad for her, that life doesn't come as easy for her as it does her brother. I know the Lord loves her. I love her. I just hope I can help her enough to get her through this newest hurdle in her life.

No comments: