Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Counting Blessings

I have issues in life, unfortunately. Mostly physical ones, though I'm sure if you spent enough time with me, you'd realize there are plenty of others too. These physical issues cause me to slow down and when I do, I spend more time counting my blessings. . . always a silver lining, you know?

I've learned that my jobs, though some may think they are mundane, are my contributions. They bless me by keeping me productive and learning and disciplined. They make life in my home work more smoothly and they bring me joy as I serve my family. One of the great blessings of teenagers, however, is that they can serve too. I have been the receiver of much service this week, and while I'd rather not, I am very appreciative. They bring the kitchen from a state of this -
to this

My dear mother cooked dinner for everyone on Sunday then brought over delicious enchiladas for Mexican Monday too. She has spent my whole life blessing me. Right before I got sick, she invited me to the quilt guild with her. I'm going to be more of a quilter in 2012, under her tutelage. I don't do much for her, but I sure do love her. So does my family. They look for excuses to be with her.

Bigbuddy heads to the MTC or CTM in just a little over a month. Today he is with my mom and my dad at the temple. I'm sad I missed it, but grateful they can enjoy today together. I believe a trip to Red Lobster is on the schedule as well. My boy loves sea food!

I recently created this page to remember the time he and his buddy had tons of adventures in three days. I need to find a better way to photograph these up close. . . still more learning to be done.

And, even though I may not have been physically well, I can't let certain moments pass me by. Our soon-to-be-missionary had his suit on twice this week, and I wanted to take some good head shots which I'll probably blow up to an 8 x 11 and frame for my family hall of fame. I like both of them, but am leaning towards liking the bottom one. The only problem is, I think its a little dark. I really need to get into Photoshop more and learn how to fix these kinds of problems.

I will truly miss him when he's far away, but there are two children left at home who bring a lot of joy to my life also. LittleBuddy had WackyTacky day at school, and boy did he ever dress for that! He got a lot of high-fives in the hallway that day, then as soon as he was home, took it all off right there in the front entryway, leaving just his blue jeans and his t-shirt left on. He cracks me up. I never would have had the guts as a 12 year old to dress that wacky!

MyGirl is doing great in her Introductory to Driver's Ed course. No driving yet, just learning and passing tests, and she's doing it! I'm proud of her. She gets most concerned for me when I'm having my issues, and I know would do anything to help me. How blessed am I! I did find one thing that I've done for my mother. Seriously a lifetime is not enough time to do for her what she's done for me. She and I found these plates at the local W*lm*rt for under $3. We thought they looked nice plain, but then we got out the Cricut and now they are part of our Thanksgiving decor. With so much to be thankful for, I could be counting for a LOOOONG time!




No comments: