Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Day Came

Yesterday is the day my boy got on the airplane and began his mission. This boy who loves to eat and loves to play with his brother and loves to talk to people and loves to chat with me is gone for two years. I will miss him terribly, but I am so very excited for him. I've already sent him an e-mail at his website so when he opens it there will be some mail for him. I can't wait to read the ones he sends. I am so excited for every aspect of this new experience for him because he is so excited.
It's been so long since I posted, but we have been busy making memories and having fun.
On Friday we picked up Cowgirl from the airport and went up to Winter Park for a sleigh ride.
It was SOO fun. The beautiful Belgian mares had jingle bells on them, and as we sat behind them for an hour, it felt like being in a fairy tale. Floating along, listening to the bells, seeing the trees and snow, with all my family loving it too, just so fun! There was hot cocoa, roasted marshmallows, and some snow-ball fighting there too. Just a really beautiful day too!
That night we stayed in the hotel and the next day attended the Colorado Symphony's Christmas Concert. It was wonderful. We had a great time listening to such beautiful and meaningful music.

The next day was Christmas Eve at our house. It was also the day of my son's mission farewell. He did such an outstanding job. I was so very pleased with everything about that day, from having his boss in attendance to my mother's trifle to his setting apart; it was just a wonderful day and one I will never forget.
Too soon, however, it came to an end. We had to take Cowgirl back to the airport.

Then we continued, (we, meaning mostly he, with little of me) packing and unpacking and checking the weight over and over. Its been waking me up at night concerned with how to fit everything in and not be overweight. Fortunately our airport here was a little lenient, and let him be 1.5 lb. over without charging him. Tender mercies!
Then this morning it was off to the airport. Final good-bye's, hugs, a meal, and last minute advice, given by everyone. In the end, though, he just said, I'm going to be me and do my best." What else can he do? Nothing, and so once again he's focused on that which matters most. His favorite saying? It will all work out. Just trust the Lord.
He's committed to doing just that.
And now, he's on his way. He will be a great missionary, but I won't be posting a lot of photos. Notice none of these have his badge clearly showing. With this being a public forum, I'm hesitant to use those kinds of details, and he'll have it on most all the time. Oh, we do love this boy who will soon return a man. I will miss him terribly, but am most excited for him to be able to make a connection with those who need him to teach them about the Savior. Let the real fun begin!


No comments: