Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Its Not Terrible

Okay, an update to my previous post.
Yes, I miss my son, but it's NOT terrible.
I am so happy with the decision that he's made to serve.
I am so grateful he has made it safely there and his MTC president sent me a photo and letter letting me know.
Now, yes, I shed a few tears upon reading said letter and seeing his photo, but really just tears of joy.
I am so excited for this new opportunity for him.
So, no, its not terrible. Two years is a very long time. A lot can change, but I am absolutely positive that my love for him will never change, and that is a very wonderful thing.

I also put this photo of him framed on the table in front of the Wii downstairs in the family room. I see it every morning when I go make sure the others kids are up for school, and other times throughout the day, and for the past two days I have sat on the sofa, looked at his picture, and said a few words to him. I know he can't hear them, but it helps me to say them and I feel happy just to see his 8 x 10 presence.

I also want to grow spiritually like he is during the next two years so I have set a goal for how I am going to work on that.

I miss all my children when they are away from me and I know I am on a short countdown to the day when they have all moved away. It's life and life is good. Sometimes its just a little lonelier than I'd like which is what makes eternal life so very appealing to me. Never having to say good-bye will be the Best!

No comments: