Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1

Today starts my December Daily scrapbooking. I won't post here every day, but I am committed to taking photos every day and adding some journaling every day all month. There is so much about this December that is different from any December we have ever had before.

We have never sent out a missionary before.
We have never celebrated Christmas on a day that wasn't Christmas.
We have never celebrated Christmas in this house.
We have never had my parents live right by us at Christmas time.
We have never had a 2 year old come visit us at Christmas when all our children are much older. . . oh is he going to be spoiled with love and attention when he gets here!
We have never had our dad have so much time off in December.
We have never had Cowgirl come visit us in December and it not be Christmas.
It has been many, many years since all my siblings were in Colorado for Christmas.
So, as you can see, this a December to remember.

Today we woke up to a 2 hour delay from school. This is the best of all worlds in my mind. We all get to sleep in, but we don't have to make up the day at the end of the year.
MyGirl is still suffering from her glue gun blisters, but today she could hold a pencil again. I am continually amazed at the body's ability to heal itself.
LittleBuddy had an orthodontist appointment so his already short day was shorter. I am happy that my decorations are all up and the presents are all wrapped. Don't be disgusted. Because Christmas is coming so early for my son, he wanted it to look like Christmas before he left, so I couldn't procrastinate this year. I did it for the love of my son, not for the love of being organized, but I have to admit, its nice to have it all done. This leaves me more time to enjoy my boy. (Sorry for the really bad photo. I knew as soon as I took it, the lighting was horrible, but he was going to be late for the bus, so I had to live with it.)
Since today was Bigbuddy's last day at work, I didn't feel guilty going to the quilting guild this evening with my mom. These are some of the items that didn't sell at the craft festival they had in Oct., which convinced me I need to join this. Tonight was their Christmas party. We ate yummy food, visited, turned in sub-for-Santa items, voted to do the festival next year, found out who some fabulous guest lecturers are going to be in 2012, and finished up playing Quilto.
Only 12 days left until BigBuddy leaves. He was well loved by the people he worked with. He has learned some good things here about interacting with people that will serve him well in the future. Mostly, I am grateful that he learned that he is a valuable employee. He is an asset because of his attitude and work ethic and kind heart. I love that life offers opportunities for my children to grow in ways that support my goals for them as well.
We set up the advent calendars today. One is a Victorian Christmas party and the other is a story of a little shepherd boy and his experience seeing the Christ child. I love the Victorian era, with its carriages and high necked dresses. I also love remembering the real reason for the season Every Day. And, that's what December is really all about - remembering the events and the love and the things that helped us draw closer to the Savior. That's my goal for this December.

No comments: