Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A New Quilt and Stamping Techniques

Above is the quilt I've been working on. This photo was taken over a week ago and I've added three more rows since. Its been fun to work with just triangles. Every quilting experience I learn new things and try to figure out how to make things more accurate. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes not. I've realized I'm more of a perfectionist than I thought I was and at the same time, not near as much as I wish I was. The colors and patterns are so fun to work with. I'm loving watching each new row unfold. This is all being done on my low level Singer machine, and its sufficient. Nothing fancy needed here but lots of straight line stitching at 1/4 inch.

I started trying to follow the original "Cluck, Cluck, Sew," photo I found from their blog but by the time I was finished selecting the fabrics for my top row that copying got set aside to become what I thought looked good at the time. I've used fabrics they don't use, and haven't used some they do use. These are all charm squares from the Reunion set by Sweetwater for Moda, and yet we each have selected what speaks to us. It doesn't take much creativity to make me happy, but selecting which fabrics I'm using next has been the most fun part of the project for me. I'm currently working on the second set of red chevrons. . . . stay tuned for the final result, hopefully within the next month.


I also recently came across some stamping techniques that I had posted on one of my earlier blogs. According to blogger, nobody every saw that, so I'm reposting it today if you're interested. This is only one, so click below if you're interested in seeing more. This baby wipe technique is one of my favorites for easily creating multi-colored stamp images.
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6871649597767917516#editor/target=post;postID=1186418929938115573




No comments: