Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paper Creations and Family Updates

September is almost half over!  Here are some photos from Labor Day. The boys had fun. Little Buddy invited his buddies to come over. They were outside most of the time. It was a beautiful day, but then they came indoors to download the latest music and checkout the newest free games. LB also passed off his seventh merit badge of the summer that day. Yahoo! Hard to believe he's getting closer each day to being as tall as his big brother.

BigBuddy and MyMike had a great time riding the dirtbikes. Over forty miles through the beautiful Colorado Rockies. . . they loved it! Especially since moving here they have found that they can start on trails that are less than an hour from home and ride all day long. BB's on some new meds which are helping with his pains. This was his first ride of the whole summer.

MyGirl had a meeting recently with the local gardening expert, taking notes and making plans for next year's garden. So happy she has found something she's so passionate about. Cowgirl is hitting the gym and is passionate about that too. And me? I'm just passionate about my family. We have challenges for sure, but they are my heart!


More paper creating than normal has gone on in September. I've made some cards, just slightly above the totally simple level.  I've also been working on LittleBuddy's scrapbook again.
The card below uses a paper from the current Christmas pages from Close To My Heart for its background. That's one thing I really like about the paper packets, how interchangeable they are for meeting my crafting needs. I love a little shine from adhesive backed bling too!
These are gift tags for Christmas. You'll have to double-click the photo to see all the glittler, but each tag has some, and on the back you can write your to's and from's. Its a set we're using at our Relief Society craft night in November. Gotta love the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. Sure makes paper crafting easy!
I've been spending more time than normal at doctor's visits this summer, and for me that means - time to find some books to read. You've probably already heard of Debbie Macomber, but if you haven't read any of hers, I recommend the Cedar Cove series. Totally G rated and still has plot twists and romance to boot. The fact it takes place off the Puget Sound in Seattle, is just a bonus for me, having taken the Bremerton ferry more than once. I recommend these for fast, light reading when you know you'll be interrupted by a doctor or a nurse and light enough to fit in your purse in the paperback version.

No comments: