Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

From a Deck of Cards

I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew that I had the perfect set of cards for this project. . . ones with a beautiful mountain scene on them from Colorado. 
 It happens to be his birthday today and because he isn't home to celebrate, I wanted to think of a small but meaningful gift so he knows how much he's missed.  He packed 12 days worth of clothes in a carry-on (I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it) so I knew I had to make something small. On the side where the numbers and suits are, you cover with a piece of scrapbook paper, and then you could write or, I obviously typed, the reasons why you love someone. I used five different papers for varieties sake.
I put it in this little homemade fabric bag because I thought wrapping paper would get destroyed in his suitcase. I didn't take a photo of it, but when I gave it to him, the top of this bag was held closed with a yellow round paper clip. . . remember those?

He called tonight and said he loved it though he'd only read the first eight when he called. He said he'd read the rest later but just wanted to call. . . two more days. YEAH!


No comments: