Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanks 22 - 27 and some pictures too

I realized why I keep getting behind on my Thanks - I don't use my laptop on Sundays. 
So, to make it up to you I'm posting a few photos of what things are going on around here. 
Nov. 1 MyGirl got out all the Thanksgiving decor and went to town.

 I rearranged some things - moving the pumpkins over the dining room with the little ceramic turkeys
 I've made several cards lately. This is the only one that got photographed.
 The Relief Society Presidency gave me this for my upcoming birthday, and to thank me for my service as compassionate service leader which I got recently released from.
 MyGirl copied these to give to here VT sisters, and made a copy for us also. 
Its a quote by Pres. Monson and I love it!
 And last but not least is the cute advent project she and I made last weekend.
Its waiting in BigBuddys room until after Thanksgiving to be part of the Christmas decor.
Each door has a Candy Cane Kiss and Andes Mint inside. I'm going to add a service event to each day too, but don't have that organized yet. . . . but I will.
 This project was created by downloading svg files for the Cameo Silhouette that my friend bought. 
However, cute as it is, it was a pain for my friend to have to cut the doors, and get everything worked out right for all five of us that made this. It took about 4 hours to make and isn't the kind of project I would teach to a group. She was a braver woman than I, but I'm still glad we did it, and I'm grateful that she would go to all the headaches as I just am not up to that. 
 I hope it helps us to feel the Spirit of Christmas by giving and gets us celebrating the season by looking outside ourselves and focusing on others.

On to my Thanks for yesterday and today:

22. I am grateful to be accompanying our church choir for the Christmas program this year. I'm also accompanying Littlebuddy that same day as he performs on the viola a medley of Hark the Herald Angels Sing, O Come All Ye Faithful and The First Noel. It does my heart good to play beautiful Christmas music, and while the choir arrangements are difficult, I'm grateful for the chance they give me to practice and keep my skills up. It also gives me and my son something meaningful to work towards together and I always love that with my children.

23. I am grateful for the scriptures. As we read them in Sunday School yesterday my heart was pricked with things I can be doing to a greater measure. As we read them at home I am grateful to share with my children the truths of the Lord. We have had a lot of really good discussions lately as they ask questions and I LOVE that!

24. I am grateful for the good people that I have met wherever I have lived. Everyone has their struggles and everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but I can always find people that want to do good, that are kind hearted and that I can learn from whether by their example or by the words they speak. And I'm glad they're all imperfect because I am too.

25. I am thankful for the home I live in. As I think about those who have lost everything as natural disasters continually dot the earth it is such a feeling of peace to have a home intact with whatever belongings you have. And, so difficult for those without. My heart aches for them all.

26. I am thankful for hugs. When someone gives you one you don't have to say a lot. You just know that they care and they care enough to reach out and touch you. When they are genuine you just feel good inside, and I'm grateful for those who hug me because they love me. Its a great blessing to give those and receive them too.

27. I am thankful for Pinterest. The good quotes that I read, the creative ideas I see, the practical tips I read, all remind me that there are a lot of people out there who are looking for good, being productively creative, trying to save money and bless their families just like I am. I, for one, don't feel any pressure to be like anyone. I'm just inspired by the ideas they feed me and often after spending time on that site I just want to go and be more productive and do more good, and bless my family in the ways that I can. We all have unique ways of doing that and I'm inspired by this place of sharing. Its like an awesome Homemaking meeting. Some things you try, most you don't, but you're grateful you could be there to learn. I love that.

No comments: