Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day - 55-57

Happy Thanksgiving! I know the day is almost over. Its just after 9pm my time.
We have had a lovely day. It just so happens that its Hanukkah and my birthday also today, so I feel that it was just an all around extra special day for much of the Judeo-Christian world. However, I'm also reminded that every single day - someone loses someone they loved, someone gets some bad news, someone is hurting, someone is lonely. Thus, I feel extremely thankful that my day was lovely. My heart aches for those who cannot say the same.

55. I'm thankful for the wonderful dinner my mother made, and that my family could enjoy the afternoon with both her and my dad. All of my children but Cowgirl were with us, but we got to talk to her twice today, so that was still good.

56. I'm thankful for the challenges we've gotten through this year. There have been several. I don't believe some of them are over yet, but I can feel within us a determination and strength that I know is a blessing from the Lord. Trials are hard. We don't like to go through them, but on the back side we can see that in them we grow. I read a quote today, "Calm seas never a seasoned sailor makes," that spoke to me.

57. I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father and knowing that His plan for me and my family makes everything okay. The goods, the bads, and everything in between, I trust, are part of our learning and growth, thus I can be thankful for challenges. I can feel His love for me as I'm going through challenges, and I'm grateful for that. He knows I won't give up on Him or on the responsibilities He's entrusted to me, and I know I can't do it without His help, so that's why I'm so thankful for Him. He makes the impossible become possible and changes my heart and vision from seeing the here and now to seeing into eternity. Thanks be to God for His unchanging love and goodness!


No comments: