Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanks 43-48

Here we are at the week of Thanksgiving and here is my gratitude for yesterday and today.

43. After eating Sunday dinner, once again 45 minutes after getting home from church, I'm grateful for the crockpot. It frees up my time to fix the other parts of the meal and it creates a tenderness that would take hours in the oven. Its one of my most favorite appliances.

44. I'm grateful for electricity. Its easy to take for granted. We've lived with it our whole lives, but I've gone camping enough to know that living without it is a lot more miserable.

45. I'm grateful for inspiring people. I meet them everywhere. I hear about them, I read about them, and I've come to the conclusion that many, many people are inspiring if you just get to know them. When you see what they've gone through, when you hear their stories, and when you come to know them you realize that they are amazing people and it just makes me want to do my best and do good things too.

46. I'm grateful for the animals that I see everyday out my back windows. Whether its the brown cow, a coyote, deer (saw a big one last week with a big rack), or all the many birds that come to our feeders, it makes my heart to happy to share this land with them. We even saw rabbit tracks in the snow heading towards our big tree. We don't see the rabbits often like we did in Maryland, but they make me happy too.

47. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. I woke up this morning realizing it is a month until Christmas and I'm contemplating finishing it up by that day.  It truly testifies of Christ and I wonder if it would do more for me to get into the Spirit of Christmas than anything else. Its a book I Love. Its a book that touches my soul. Its a book that helps me to see that Christ is the foundation of our lives if we will just see His blessings and follow His commandments.

48. I'm grateful for the whisperings of the Spirit. . . the thought my dad had to tell the ambulance to take him to Memorial Central instead of Memorial North (where we learned they aren't set up for cardiology procedures like he needed) or when Mike felt the need to skip the gym the one day he needed to be home to save MyGirl. It is truly a Comfort to me to know that the Lord desires to bless us with inspiration when it is needed. I am so grateful for that great gift!


No comments: