Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I called her up. She had fun taking my nephew to the MTC, going out to lunch with Cowgirl and my brother's family and touring the new BYU broadcasting studios/stations. Yesterday. . . off adventuring with my oldest two, getting ready for YW last night, calling her, making homemade pizza, but never quite made it to the laptop.

I don't really love this photo of me. I showed it to my mom in the camera and she said its because we're getting old. First thing my middle brother said to me at the reunion after giving me a hug - "Like your hair," translating to "I see you're going pretty gray." I smiled, and told him it was "All natural beauty." Oh, I'm going to look forward to looking young again in heaven!

Even, then, however, when I stand next to my young-looking mother, she is going to be the one everyone wants to flock towards. It was so cute to see all the grandchildren call out her name more than once, wanting to make something or play a game, or sit by her. We are going to have a GOOD TIME being neighbors! I only hope I can remember to keep getting my laundry done and the bathrooms cleaned once a week. Somehow she always manages to get those things done as if they're no biggie, because she's ready for the next activity - Always! I'm still scheduling my life, trying to make it all fit, and hoping when I get behind on bathrooms and laundry that things won't turn ugly on me too quickly. My mother makes being a homemaker easy, and its not that way for me, so I admire her greatly. I should have paid more attention when I lived with her, but I was always trying to get everything done as quickly as possible so I could go out for my own next adventure . . . and I wonder where BigBuddy gets his attitudes from . . . mmmmmm.

She's a wonderful mother and grandmother and I am thrilled to spend more time with her in the future! Happy Belated Birthday, Mom. I think today is the first day we haven't talked in a week.


Little Buddy is at Scout camp this week. I am missing him SO MUCH! His dad was with him for the first two days and I missed him SO MUCH TOO! I am missing all those cute nephews of mine too. . . withdrawals from the reunion. . . not fun. Hopefully when Little Buddy gets back I'll start getting over it.

No comments: