Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Silliness



I haven't posted these before, I think. I bet if I looked on all my photos I could find at least a dozen more of these type of pictures.



Some things are just so cheesy and silly. And yet my boys never fail to run and stick their heads behind them. Still. This last photo was just taken a month or so ago at the zoo.

In Stake Conference today the mission president's wife spoke about the miracles that take place even by boys whose frontal lobes aren't fully developed.

The lightbulb went off for me again.

It reminded me of the moment when I heard a man say that when the brain and body of a boy catch up, good things begin to happen.

I see great growth and development in my boys. Yet for all the wonderful, sweet, loving, hard-working, sensitive things my boys may be, they definitely have moments where I just say to myself - they are so silly and goofy!

Today I was reminded that I am the silly one. What else can I expect?

They are genetically programmed to be this way. Gotta ride the tide here and just wrap my arms as tight as they'll let me, and love 'em good. And be grateful that they still are boys who love the Lord and love each other and love me. And in the end, that's all that really matters to me. The Lord will work his miracles with them and through them when the time is right. He already has. For now, they're still growing up.








No comments: