Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Reunion

For the Jacobs Family - what a great way to spend a Father's Day Weekend! We were excited to see elk on Friday afternoon when we arrived - three big ones right next to the car.
While we stayed in lodge rooms, here is the room where we gathered all together . . . the Birch cabin. I gotta say, every time I was in here - You could feel the love.
From card games to crafts to our big birthday party, it was where the fun was had.
Another place we all met was the Aspen Dining Hall - Let's hear it for no cooking for 48 hours! We needed three large tables every time we all got together - 18 of us in all.
This was our youngest family member, Rich's little boy - How darling is he!!! Nothing like a toddler to help us all feel young again.
There were fun activities to choose from, like early-morning archery,
A big hike - these two literally went straight up the mountain on a four hour hike.
They climbed all the way to the top of the mountain behind him. For BigBuddy, Life is always an adventure!
Of course, the best part was being with loved ones. . . Rob, my little brother.

Rich, my next youngest brother, and his posse of nieces and nephews
The two Steve's - one my son, one my baby brother. When my boy was born, he was going to have another name. It had been picked out for weeks, but when he was born, MyMike looked at me and said, that's the wrong name. He needs to be named Steven. I said, my brother will love that, and so it was. Who could have guessed he'd grow up to share the same height, same build, same hairline, same blue eyes, same noses, same ears, similiar voices, same gentle personalities, with a love for all things outdoors? There are some major differences, however; son is right handed, brother is left, and personality traits, of course, but seeing them standing together reminded us all how much we are a family!
Lots of creativity took place this weekend too - here the professional artist with his wife.
Kate was making God's eyes, where they first became part of our family experience at my grandparent's fiftieth anniversary party in California. The little boys really liked this activity too. My youngest was so relieved when he realized he hadn't left his when we got home. Rich is drawing on mugs with markers, another popular activity.
Cowgirl and Rebecca are making frames for our photos, and covering them with paper and embellishments. All the girls made at least one. Cowgirl had brought a huge pad of MyMind's Eye paper, purchased for only $5. Go Craft Queen! Call me when the next major sale is - I'm coming!
MyGirl and I made this mosaic box at the craft cabin. Actually I just laid down the glue. She did the hard work.
Cowgirl made herself a cute necklace. On her wrist you can see the wristbands my dad handed out, saying, "Jacobs Family 2011." Live Strong Jacobs Family!
Surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, this truly was a beautiful place. Here are some of the girls together on the way to lunch. The far right, is Steve's girlfriend. She was lovely.
I loved it all weekend when spontaneous love just burst forth. It's hard to capture in photos how good it feels, but when I pulled up this photo, it seemed to say it well. I had to laugh as LittleBuddy and his cousins were plotting the whole time how they can see each other more often. Of course, we are hoping with grandparents next door that will help! And if their dad could get a job out here. . . here's to wishful thinking! It was a great time to just immerse ourselves in everything family.

And did we ever!


No comments: