Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Basement Family Room

Basements hold a lot of memories for me, and many of them are unpleasant, because my earliest memories are of unfinished ones. From the way a musty one smells, to all the work required to bringing one from unfinished to finished, I just don't want to go there again. So, when we were looking for a ranch home here, a finished basement was a requirement. We found a couple of beautiful homes, that had nothing to do but move in, but they had unfinished basements, and we just couldn't bring ourselves to buy them. They were also more expensive than this house, so it was a double-edged sword there. Anyhow, I just say that of all the work in this house, the basement required the least, just new carpet and paint. Big jobs, still, but they were already being done every where else, so those just made it nice for me. Figuring out where stuff goes, that has taken the most work in the basement. So, without further ado - here is the family room. It holds a lot of stuff. It should really be called the great room for it holds a lot of different titles - music room, craft room, weight room, and family room. Good thing its big!

The music room

The organ part of the music room is at the base of the stairs, the piano and other instruments back onto the stairs. There is a column between them. From the living area, the organ is directly right.

Another perspective, and you can also see the cupboard that holds both music and games. If it doesn't fit in there, we don't have it anymore.

The main living area plus you can see the weightroom behind it.
This is a carefully used basement - many purposes for one big room.

Another perspective. This is the only TV we have in the house now that works. Still debating whether I put one upstairs in the great room or just one in my bedroom.

The craft area. Yes, its packed solid, but I have to say that since the only TV in the house is right there, I can work on my projects while listening to what everyone else is listening to, and I'm enjoying that.

No comments: